AVIC411.com

Iphone 5 Cradle Z140BH Question

I'm a longtime member here but haven't been here in a while due to vehicle with stock stereo. Recently installed a Z140BH and have a few questions.

1. Can I use my Carcomm charging cradle to connect to the Pioneer cable that currently goes to my Ipod with the legacy connector? The Carcomm cradle has the lightning connector for my 5S. The cradle currently attaches via USB connector to a small box which has power cables for charging purposes. Is it safe to assume that connecting to the 5S cradle USB connector of the Pioneer cable that I will be able to have charging and Pandora features available to me?

2. I did the mute/parking brake bypass and no longer have the locked out screens, but still do have the warning message whenever I turn the car on and go to the nav screen. After reading for hours here I don't have a clear conclusion on this. Can I get rid of it or not?

Thanks,

That's the "nag screen" removal ... it was covered in another thread, but I heard that thread was accidentally deleted.  I performed the nag screen removal operation myself on my z130BT, but I didn't save the instructions as I assumed the instructions would always remain on the forum.

I would search for "nag screen".

Thanks John,

Thx for the advice. I've read that post before and whatever else I could find. It seems like either people are screwing with people or it's just not possible. Not a lot of info out there. I'm okay with hitting OK, though if there were a way to get rid of it, it would be nice.

So will my pandora work via bluetooth? Or do I need to work on the cable solution?

Thx.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Blue, I have the Pioneer 2 piece cable that goes from the HU to the previous Apple connector before lightning. There is a USB joint in the middle. Can I simply plug a new Apple USB to lightning connector from the middle USB joint? Or does it have to be a whole new Pioneer cable from HU to lightning connector?

Thx,