AVIC411.com

130bt bypass not working...

so i moved the mute wire pin UP, as in up one row, not one column, attached teh brake wire and ground. now, i'm actually able to use setting vs. before when i had the brake wire connected to nothing, i couldn't access a single menu item, even when stopped... however, now, for some reason I cannot watch video when the car is in motion. this has nothing to do with the parking brake, because when it is not engaged, i can watch video. As soon as my car picks up to a speed above like 5 mph, it says watching video in front seat is prohibbited and turns the video off, while sound is on... anyone happen to know why this issue is happening? i've only tried this with dvd and not with micro sd.

sounds like your speed control wire is connected, and working ... no?

the vss? no, vss is not connected... as well, there should have been no wire that does anyhting with "speed" that was connected, i did the whole installation myself.

does this unit have a g-force sensor or something?

I thought the GPS would have accelerometer and compass in addition to the GPS locator ... so it would have enough information to compute a rough speed ... but I didn't think it actually computed it.

I have the z130BT with 3.0 software on it, with hardware brake bypass and software nag screen removal hack. ... is yours upgraded to 4.0?

I thought the GPS would have accelerometer and compass in addition to the GPS locator ... so it would have enough information to compute a rough speed ... but I didn't think it actually computed it.

I have the z130BT with 3.0 software on it, with hardware brake bypass and software nag screen removal hack. ... is yours upgraded to 4.0?

not it's 3.001... how did you do the nag screen removal hack... that's something i need badly as well.

can you put a dvd video in your unit and watch it the whole time you are driving? for me, like i stated before, i can have the parking break off and be watching it, as soon as my speed exceeds a few miles an hour a message comes up that says it is prohibitted to watch videos while driving and it blocks the video..

i've seen this same issue in the other PB bypass thread, although there was never a formal solution reached... one guy said he had the solution and would post it up later tonight but he never did... sucks man.

ok guys, i actually fixed this issue tonight...

as noted in previous posts.. this issue is ABSOLUTELY a problem with the yellow mute wire not being seated all the way. again, if you have this problem it is because the yellow mute wire is either 1. not in the right pin 2. not seated all the way or 3. damaged and not completing a connection.

thanks to everyone on this site for their chatter which helped me so much also special thanks to @JohnK for actually taking time out of his day to answer me directly.

btw johnk, i still want to know how you got rid of taht nag screen.

btw johnk, i still want to know how you got rid of taht nag screen.

I used a hack that was posted by Pionara, which involved using a binary editor to change a bit or two which removed the branch of code that displays that screen.  Evidently that posting was deleted from the forum for some unexplained reason -- I don't know if Pionara will repost, but I would suggest PM'ing him for help.

Fyi I still have an SD card with distribution dated 2/24/13 ... I think this was the one I used to install the hack, but I don't have any instructions to go with it.  If you can get the instructions I could send you my files to load on an SD card and install them.  (Although probably safer to edit your own binaries directly).

-- John

Thanks.  John