AVIC411.com

Navigation DVD won't eject, display dead

This unit worked fine until about a week ago. I cannot get my nav DVD to eject and the display is totally unresonsive. When I turn it on, it says "Navigation System is Starting Up," but then it goes black (still backlit) and the display nor any of the buttons on the display will work. I can still use the iPod and XM modules with no problem, but no display. PLEASE help. i bought this unit off of eBay so there is no warranty. Thanks!

Sounds like it might be flex cable. Sometimes, to help isolate the problem, you can adjust the position of the screen using the +/- keys, and in some cases, that can cause the screen to come back on. Sometimes it doesn't. If it works, you know for sure you have a flex cable issue.

If it turns out it is the flex, you can have Pioneer fix it for free. They had to see my receipt, but I was out of the warantee period and they did it for free. I dunno how you would go about doing it with yours, but it might be possible.