AVIC411.com

AVIC-F700BT crashed, doesn't boot anymore, "My Flash Disk" seems corrupted

Hello

yesterday evening, as the AVIC-F700BT was starting and at the same time I was inserting an USB key containing music, it crashed, I just quickly saw the Windows CE desktop with an error message, then the Avic has restarded, but keep stucked on the startup image (Pioneer Navgate). Nothing more to do, I tried several time. I also tried the reset button.

Then, I booted in test mode with an SD card ready for this, and I can see that the "My Flash Disk" content seems corrupted (see attached image).

post-58734-0-03114600-1393516130_thumb.jpg

Fortunately I have a recent backup copy of full "My Flash Disk" content, but before trying anything, I would like to know if anyone already has similar issue, and if I just need to delete all corrupted content and replace by the backup copy to unlock the situation ? Is it enough to delete all files of the partition, or do I need to format it before ?

Big thank you for any help !

Hello,

I finally managed to repair my AVIC.

At the beginning I didn't format the partition, I tried first to delete all files, but it was impossible to delete the corrupted ones.

Then I ran the "Storage Manager" in the control panel, I dismounted the parition and ran a scan. It has detected hundreds of corrupted files, but stopped saying there was still hundreds of errors. I tried several times, with the same result at the end.

I finally formatted the partition, hoping that I do not clear something very important that I wouldn't be able to restore with the backup !

Then I copied all the files from my backup on "My Flash Disk" partition, and restarted, then the AVIC has started correctly !

I suspect strongly the AutoValid hack to be the root cause of this crash (it happened when inserting an USB key during a startup directly on the map screen, and I saw in an old technical post about this hack, that it's a bit tricky to skip the nag screen when booting directly on the map).

I hope this testimony can be useful to anyone encountering the same problem.

• 9 months later...