AVIC411.com

F700BT screen calibration problem (kind of!)

Can anyone help please!

I have a USA F700BT which came in a truck I imported, it wouldn't work correctly and the screen would freeze

I thought I would do an update etc.

When I boot in testmode I cannot click on My Device as the screen is about 1/4" out from the pointer and selects the Recycle bin instead. If I try an double click an icon to open it, it just highlights it and allows me to move it around the screen. If I try and open start, control panel etc it just highlights the selection in blue and then sits there doing nothing.

I have tried loading loads of different Wince's all the way up to 3.1 and still get stuck with the same issue.

Is there a way to completely reload windows?

Thanks

Rob

• 1 month later...

Sounds like a calibration issue. I have personally never hacked my unit, but know some guys that have and they have had to recalibrate their touch screens after a hack load or update.

I know there is a menu option to perform a calibration of the touch screen in all touch screen units but where and in what menu they can be found is a bit of a mystery.

I too am looking for touch screen calibration info for my 710BT.

No disrespect to members but responses dont always come in quickly from other members willing to help.

Wish I had an answer for you friend but Im in the same boat as you.

I feel your pain!

Best of luck!