AVIC411.com

x930bt Pandora/ 3.5mm help!

I just got an avic x930bt from a buddy and I'm loving it. I do have one question I'm hoping will be answered though. Right now the only way to stream pandora from my android is bluetooth, which does this weird thing like it cuts in and out. My guess is that's due to my phone being rooted. On my old headunit I had the auxiliary 3.5mm jack that was reliable as can be. Looking at the back of the unit, there looks to be a 3.5mm aux jack, just wanted to check with people that have more experience with this h/u and see if that's really what it is.

x130AViC930-o_back.jpeg

If that is what it is, can I just plug in to the back and to the phone and it'll stream music from my phone?

Any help/insight is much appreciated. Thanks. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I just got an avic x930bt from a buddy and I'm loving it. I do have one question I'm hoping will be answered though. Right now the only way to stream pandora from my android is bluetooth, which does this weird thing like it cuts in and out. My guess is that's due to my phone being rooted. On my old headunit I had the auxiliary 3.5mm jack that was reliable as can be. Looking at the back of the unit, there looks to be a 3.5mm aux jack, just wanted to check with people that have more experience with this h/u and see if that's really what it is.

x130AViC930-o_back.jpeg

If that is what it is, can I just plug in to the back and to the phone and it'll stream music from my phone?

Any help/insight is much appreciated. Thanks. 

They sell the connection for converting the white/red audio cable to the 3.5mm audio.(USE THE RED/WHITE COMING OF THE WHITE HARNESS NOT THE UNIT ITSELF) Just search "audio to 3.5mm" at your preferred shopping site, amazon has them starting at like 4 bucks. I used to connect my old sirus radio that way so it would have a hard connecting rather than the tune the radio to the channel method, as it produced much better audio. Once you have it plugged in, you have to go into SETTINGS/AV SETTINGS and then change the AV1 input to Video (default is usually IPOD or OFF). then when you want to listen to whatever you have plugged into the adapter select AV1 on the mode screen(the one that you choose what to tune the unit too). The other option you have is update the bluetooth driver, which the file is included in the update to 2013 maps firmware 5.0. Just keep in mind that updating the firmware and maps does not update the bluetooth automatically, same file but you have to go into bluetooth settings and click update bluetooth firmware from in there with the SD card being in there with the firmware/map update.

Updating the maps/firmware takes no skills, just put the right files on the root of the SD, and boot up the machine and let it do its thing for about 30 minutes. But there is always risk disclaimer in flashing anything. My phone is rooted and has no issues with bluetooth,since you said rooted and not jailbroken i am assuming your on android, with so many ROMs out there its hard to say what could be causing your issue, but that's a different forum anyway. so if your to worried updating to the 5.0 firmware, maybe just update bluetooth with the files and with any luck it may fix your issues, as I have seen posts that it did the trick for them. Although i am a huge fan of the 5.0, as now you can control pandora through bluetooth on the unit for android phones! almost like having a new unit. As before i could stream pandora from my phone through bluetooth, but i would have to use my phone to control it.