AVIC411.com

Incompatible USB when connecting iPhone 5?

AVIC-5000NEX (No built in HDMI port)  glitches NOW most all the time using iPhone 5 - IOS 7.1.1, Apple to lightning VGA Adapter, Pioneer CD-IV202AV iPhone5 adapter RGB - CD-IU52 USB charging cable.

5000NEX smartphone settings needs to be set for Device iPhone - Connection VGA / RGB ?

It worked periodically and then does not work for viewing Netflix, Youtube. I think this started happening after i updating to Apple IOS 7.0, & above. Not 100 % sure, but I used to be able to surf Youtube as long as I was using the Safari browser not Bing

I know for sure that AppRadio Mode used on a  iPhone 5 has problems going in and out of Waze apps since Apples 7.0.

Pioneer is supposed to fix their AppRadio App once Apple corrects whatever it is they messed up designing 7.0 IOS. Maybe the CarPlay update will fix other things as well. 7.1  IOS was a big update for Apple trying to make Car Play become compatible enough for testing using our NEX units

Officially Netflix / iPhone 5 mirroring is not supported, but I know I had it working before.

Thanks for the reply. You know, I ended up ordering the 7000NEX that includes de 7 inche screen and HDMI input. No more 5000NEX VGA problems. 

AVIC-5000NEX (No built in HDMI port)  glitches NOW most all the time using iPhone 5 - IOS 7.1.1, Apple to lightning VGA Adapter, Pioneer CD-IV202AV iPhone5 adapter RGB - CD-IU52 USB charging cable.

5000NEX smartphone settings needs to be set for Device iPhone - Connection VGA / RGB ?

It worked periodically and then does not work for viewing Netflix, Youtube. I think this started happening after i updating to Apple IOS 7.0, & above. Not 100 % sure, but I used to be able to surf Youtube as long as I was using the Safari browser not Bing

I know for sure that AppRadio Mode used on a  iPhone 5 has problems going in and out of Waze apps since Apples 7.0.

Pioneer is supposed to fix their AppRadio App once Apple corrects whatever it is they messed up designing 7.0 IOS. Maybe the CarPlay update will fix other things as well. 7.1  IOS was a big update for Apple trying to make Car Play become compatible enough for testing using our NEX units

Officially Netflix / iPhone 5 mirroring is not supported, but I know I had it working before.

Hey thanks for the reply. What did you end up doing? I ended up going to Best Buy and returning my unit. Got myself a 7000NEX with an HDMI input and mirroring works perfect. Why do you think this happens? How was it working before for you on the 5000NEX and now it is not? Just curious.