AVIC411.com

CD-IU51 vs CD-IU52

Hello fellow pioneer headuniters! (trademarked) :) 

I currently use an iphone with with z130bt. To connect it i have the CD-IU51 with a lighting adapter. I was considering getting a IU52, but i have a few questions.

1) Will it work? If so, why doesnt it have the Aux cable connection like the IU51?

2) Additionally, ive always thought this was weird.  Why is that aux connection necessary? Ive tried unplugging it and it reads my iphone but doesn't play. Does that mean i cant play any  device that isnt an ipod/iphone? 

Let me know if anything is unclear.

Hello fellow pioneer headuniters! (trademarked) :)

I currently use an iphone with with z130bt. To connect it i have the CD-IU51 with a lighting adapter. I was considering getting a IU52, but i have a few questions.

1) Will it work? If so, why doesnt it have the Aux cable connection like the IU51?

2) Additionally, ive always thought this was weird.  Why is that aux connection necessary? Ive tried unplugging it and it reads my iphone but doesn't play. Does that mean i cant play any  device that isnt an ipod/iphone? 

Let me know if anything is unclear.

Are you referring to the 3.5mm jack that's part of the cable? That's for audio, which is why it doesn't play when you unplug it.

I'm not sure what the deal is with that. It's the same basic setup that I had when I was running a 2400BT with its front mounted USB.