AVIC411.com

Bluetooth Audio with iPod Connected

Hello, all...I searched for this issue, but didn't see anything similar.

I have my iPod connected to my 8000NEX via USB, and it shows in the source menu as "iPod 1." I also want to use Spotify on my phone (Android), but it won't let me use Bluetooth audio as a source unless I physically disconnect my iPod. Is this the way it's supposed to work? Can the unit not handle two different inputs connected simultaneously? That seems rather...backwards for such a new state of the art nav system.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks!

Nope, it's an issue that a lot of us are hoping they'll fix, basically whatever source you set in "Smartphone Setup" USB / Digital AV / Bluetooth Audio applies to everything.

So no Bluetooth Audio if you select USB, but no USB if you select Bluetooth Audio, and same with Digital AV. So my scenario is similar in that I have iPod connected to USB2, but I can't have my iPhone on AppRadio mode on USB1 :(

BTW, it's probably quicker just to change the Smatphone setup than physically disconnect isn't it? I haven't actually tried with Bluetooth but I don't need to unplug the iPod to have Digital AV working, it just disappears from the sources.

What's odd is that, under Smartphone Setup, it was (and still is) set to "Wireless via BT," even with the iPod connected via USB.  But the fact remains, regardless of that setting, the NEX will not play Spotify via Bluetooth unless I physically disconnect the iPod from the USB cable.  This seems like such basic functionality that dash units have had for years...why can't Pioneer figure this one out?!