AVIC411.com

Idatalink maestro 5.1

Hello- I am in the process of installing an 8000nex with a idatalink maestro Rr in my 2011 gmc yukon that has the factory Bose 5.1 amp. Wiring up the harness I got the connections all done for the front and rear RCA outs, as well as the sub. What I don't see is where to put the center channel RCA on the 8000. I have the RCA for the center from the maestro, but don't see where it should go. Anyone else tackle this?

The NEX units do not have a center channel.  AFAIK, they are only 2.1 systems regardless of having front/rear/sub left and right.. they are not 6 discrete channels.  When you have a surround sound source, the discreet channels of the source are down mixed to 2.1.

That said, you may be able to find a hardware converter... but I don't know of any offhand.

The NEX units do not have a center channel.  AFAIK, they are only 2.1 systems regardless of having front/rear/sub left and right.. they are not 6 discrete channels.  When you have a surround sound source, the discreet channels of the source are down mixed to 2.1.

That said, you may be able to find a hardware converter... but I don't know of any offhand.

Thanks, makes sense. I might poke around and see if I can find a converter. Not a big deal to me honestly, more just curious if I was missing something. Thanks!