AVIC411.com

Language Selection Screen Stuck

Just installed an AVIC 5000 NEX.  When I go to set up the nav, I get to the screen to select the languages.  When I press select, the system beeps, but nothing happens - just stuck on the screen.  I can get back out and use all of the other functions, but can't get past the language selection screen.  Upgraded the firmware and CarPlay works fine.  Just want to get into the nav settings so I can turn off the speed warning.  Ideas?

Notes - grounded the brake wire to the Metra adapter harness, but not the chasis (or e-brake).  Do not have the speed sensor wire connected, but I read that it doesn't need to be?  Tried the language screen before and after doing the software bypass, but didn't make a difference.  Tried the language screen before and after the firmware upgrade, still doesn't make a difference.  AppRadio mode doesn't work either on my older iPhone 4S.  Pressing Apps does nothing even though the AppRadio app showing that it's connected.  Don't really care about that one because CarPlay works fine.