AVIC411.com

for those of you using the avox/hd idea

hey, so i have everything now in place...well soon to be in place. got the d3 coming in soon. got my 120 gig seagate hd, got my avox unit coming in, now all i need is the ir extender. can anyone of you using this method tell me which IR extender works best for you?

and if you could include links so i can purchase them too? the one pai gave me was this:

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/review ... EDC=995410

but it's 27 bucks, i was looking on ebay and i found some cheaper, but i duno if they work as well. please share your methods/ideas. i appreciate it.

also, what are the benefits of using the avox, as opposed to using an ipod, since they come out to be about the same price. your thoughts?

thanks guys, cant wait to put everything together!

Well I just used the link that XM gave me for the IR extender.

Also, the advantages you have over yoiur ipod is that you can play divx movies and over formats not supported by the ipod. Considering this is just an external casing, you can increase the amount of storage anytime you want.

There are some disadvantages though, such as the fact that you cannot control it through the pioneer interface, but i dont use the avox for music anyway.