AVIC411.com

Navigation Keyboard Intermittently Responsive...Anybody else?

I contacted Pioneer support and complained of the keyboard on my 8000NEX not responding properly to each press of the keys when entering an address or destination. Sometimes the key presses register and sometimes I have to press each button multiple times before it finally works. They said this is the first they've heard of the problem, but I know others have had this problem and have posted about it on here. Pioneer tried to duplicate the problem on one of their units, but couldn't.

Who else has noticed thus issue since the 1.06 update and if you have, can you please contact Pioneer Support to report the problem? Thanks. Also, I have updated to 1.08 and the problem still persists.

Dito - same problem on my AVIC-8000NEX. It started with the recent update 1.08. With the prior version, I did not have that behavior. I also noticed that while it seems the keyboard touch did not register, if you simply wait for a second, two or three, the response will (may) show. It appears as that starting with version 1.08, the NAV software initiates a search for incremental character matches. While this is a great feature - the search process is WAY TOO SLOW!

So, I suggest to Pioneer (or NNG which owns/developped the navigation software) to either remove that incremental search feature or re-implement the search algorithm to be much more efficient (at least 10 times faster) to be usable.

In the interim, I effectively gave up using it to find anything., it is simply too frustrating to deal with.

Cool.  I figured after installing 2 new firmware updates and having the same problem each time, that counted as a system reset anyway.  Will be delighted if it's that simple.

Well, too bad. I had the same response from Pioneer. I did the complete reset of the 8000NEX and also a factory reset on the Navi app part. Of course that cleared all my previous settings, sound measurements, 3D Calibration et. al. After a while, the 3D calibration/initialization completed again, but all of it DID NOT FIX the problem. Randomly, there is simply no response or a very delayed response to keyboard or button touches. But worse, now I have a new problem relating to the speedometer indication on the Navi screen. It lost its accuracy - remains stuck on the same value for several seconds even if let's say I am slowing down, or jumps to a value too high and back to a value too low with an error exceeding 5 MPH! I checked satellite receptions while this happened and found that it had about 10 active satellites with strong signal - so it does not appear to relate to that. Not sure what in the heck is going on, but I wish I could go back to the original firmware and forget about CarPlay and digital connection to Maestro. Everything seems to have gone to hell in a hand-basket since these upgrades.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I've had the same keyboard issue since installing the first firmware update. It seems to be worse while I'm driving than while parked. I wonder if the parking break bypass has anything to do with it?

Anyone else notice a difference between using the navigation keyboard while driving vs. while parked?