AVIC411.com

Fruitless Search - '03 Honda Pilot - where to put ILL wire?

I've searched and searched and searched and I can't find the answer to my question, so I'm starting a new thread. If there's a search guru out there who can find this answered somewhere already then I apologize, but I couldn't find it and I've been trying different searches all day.

I'm trying to figure out where to connect my N1's ILL wire, which is orange with a white stripe. The wiring harness I've got for my Pilot has two wires that seem that they may be correct. One is orange with no stripe marked "illumination/dash light", the other is orange with a white stripe marked "dimmer". Which is the correct one? Based on the name I'd suspect its the one marked "illumination/dash light", but based on wire color I'd think it goes with the "dimmer" wire. The installation manual only says to put it to the "lighting switch terminal", which doesn't help at all.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

uhh, you answered your own question. IT SAYS "illumination/dash light" what do you think that means?

considering you have a pioneer head unit and not likely a pioneer wire harness for your car, i would suppose the two didnt colaberate when making the hu and the wire harness.

uhh, you answered your own question. IT SAYS "illumination/dash light" what do you think that means?

Yes, but the wire color doesn't match up. I wanted to ask people who know more than I do if that's the correct way to hook it up. All of the other wires go to their matching wires, going that way would hook it up to the one labeled "dimmer".

the wire color matches with what the manual says?.... naa, the manual doesnt even say wire color for the 'lighting switch terminal' And even for the other wires, it doesnt match with the factory side of your car.

But, i havent tested this, but you should be ok connecting to either wire there. the avic unit would either handle the dimmer properly or it wouldnt trigger, it wouldnt hurt anything though. Would be nice to be able to adjust the dimming level.

Just use your common sense. If that still scares you a little you may want to seek a pro to do the job for you