AVIC411.com

Bought a refurb off ebay last week. Bench tested unit while waiting for the needed harness adaptors and bezels to mount in my truck. Upon power up it flashed what I would assume is the standard blue background with Pioneer logo in the foreground, then went on to a screen asking to verfy language etc..

Loaded the nav disk into lower slot and tried out the Nav functions, everything worked fine. Noticed the lack of a few of the nav func buttons and remembered the e-brake needed to be grounded so I did so. The rest of the functions came alive, everything worked fine so I turned the unit off and waited for the harness and bezel to do the install.

When the harness came in I took some time the day before actually pulling apart my dash and pre wired the harness adaptor to the Pioneer harness. Using the instructions from this site I performed the video bypass mod by moving the cell mute wire over to the open slot of the radio connector and grounded it along with the parking brake sense wire.

The next day I pulled my dash apart and began the install. After removing the factory radio and Sirius tuner I installed a Pioneer Sirius unit and ran the cabling, then I pluged in the D2. When I keyed the ignition on the D2 came to life first with a black sceen with text acrossed the top of the screen stating that the nav unit was starting up. Then it switched to a sceen that asked "Please insert appropriate disk" The nav disk was still in the drive from the other day so I ejected it and reinserted, the next message was "Please eject and insert the appropriate disk again". I did this over and over with no luck. I tried resetting the unit with the same result.

Anybody know what gives?

hmmmm. It might be the unit. I would double check all connections. Maybe even remove the unit and put it back on your bench test and see what happens.

I purchased a refurb D1 from ebay and it came with a 90 day warranty certificate. Hopefully yours did as well. You can also see if the seller will exchange units with you.

From my refurb D1 experience, the unit looked and operated as if new.

• 1 month later...