AVIC411.com

I can make AVIC-D3 "backup" DVD NAV discs...

Hey all

I can make AVIC-D3 "backup" DVD NAV discs for anyone who might need/want them.

Just thought that I would try to help out those who don't have a dual-layer burner...

I'm not really looking to profit (much) :) but here is what I propose. If you think it's fair and you are interested, just send me an email: mbunting@gmail.com

1 Dual-Layer DVD NAV disc (West or East) with no fancy stickers or labels on the DVD - just a plain DL DVD with the disc (West or East) of your choice on it - as I often find that the labels cause problems.

$15.00 and this includes USPS Priority Shipping (2-3 day average)

For both discs (West and East) = $20.00

Payment via Paypal or Money order only

Again, I'm just offering this out there for those that are interested. if you have the resources to do it yourself - by all means do just that!

If you don't have the resources and need a backup copy, and you think my proposal is worth it - just let me know. I'm in the Military and I don't have a ton of free time to do this - but I'll do what I can.

Again, email me or PM here on th forum if you are interested.

Mike

mbunting@gmail.com

slick, for the others here, you wanna describe the process? and media used?

thanks

p.s. IM thinking that maybe the new pioneer cares about dvd+r or -r or rom DL

meaning if you burn a disk that is a +r dl for example, and your drive doesnt change the bitsetting to dvd-rom like the pioneer 11* units do, then maybe the pioneer will reject it....

Backups are particularly useful with the D3 since you're more likely to swap the map DVD for a movie or music CD. The likelihood of scratches increases over the fixed D1/D2 drives.

I've also successfully burned a copy and can not tell the difference in performance from my burned copy and the original.

so this should help some people (cntrylvr)

also, do you guys know if your drive auto sets bitsetting to dvd-rom or if its still seen as a +r

I had no problems making copies of the d3 discs. I had problems making a valid hybrid disc that the d1/2 would recognize.