AVIC411.com

D2 WON'T OPEN OR ANGLE BUTTON WON'T WORK. NEED SOME HELP!!!!

I just installed my D2 and everything, including the ipod system all works fine except it won't open!!! Neither the open or the angle button work. It's not in the dash, so there is nothing blocking it. It doesn't even sound like the motor is trying to work. When you hit the button, nothing. Same thing with the angle button. I don't understand, the whole system is working perfectly except I can't open it to put in the navigation CD. Please I need some help ASAP!!!!!

I just discovered this site searching for Avic-D1 on google. Great forum i thought i am the only one with issues here.

okay so I contacted customer support at Pioneer and they said to call their "Product Support line at (800)421-1404 for further assistance."

1. First issue is just like the post before me. I have a AVIC-D1 and had it for a year and half now. Lately i cannot get the tray to open. I hold the button down for a few seconds nothing happen. All 4 buttons on the right side of the navi including "open, angle, trfc, pad" don't work, but dest and info buttons work. I can get it to open once a week if i am lucky and i quickly put a new mp3 cd in, and next time i turn my car on it doesn't work. So the tray is not stuck anywhere, there is an internal loss of power somewhere to the right side terminals.

Sub-issue: Avic-d1 doesn't eject my music cd's (1st slot) at all. It spits it out barely for me to grab, push upwards from the cd bottom, and try to take it out. it sucks.

2. Second issue is screen calibration. I mean my navi is almost completely paralized, i cannot touch 70% of the functions. i cannot scroll up or down, very hard to touch the letters, cannot zoom in, cannot change compass direction, or search vicinity places. It's been like this since i lived in the california high desert in the summer where it was extremely hot. I read one of the earlier posts and he said that pioneer told him to send it for calibration. I am gonna do the same.

AVIC-D1 looks great in my celica 96, it looks stock like it came with the car. But for a system that cost about 1200$ that's a lot of problems.

I'll be calling pioneer and see what can i do regarding this issues and send it out for fixing. If anybody has solutions or similar issues please share.

Cheers all.