AVIC411.com

Anyone have a problem with battery drain?

Ok, I understand my question is somewhat nebulous, but so is the situation. My father had an N2 installed in his truck, as well as, several other electronics. (Junxion Box, so that he is basically a rolling ISP, converters...etc). Anyway, he was having a problem with battery drain, where after a day of not using the vehicle, it would be dead. I assume it was him leaving something on or such. Anyway, his unit ended up being one that needed the flex cable update. He had already ordered a N3, so we decided to install the N2 into my mother's car when it came back. I plugged the N3 into my father's truck, and he hasn't had any battery drain (using the all the same connections, just plugging the harness into the N3 that were installed for the N2). I then installed the N2 (after it came back from Pioneer) into my mother's car. Much to my surprise, when I came home tonight (my mother hasn't driven it for a week), the car was dead. Now, I installed the new harnesses that had come with the N3 in her car, and I am beginning to wonder if there could be *some* type of prob with the N2; however, Pioneer just had it for the flex cable fix...Has anyone else had a similar problem? Can anyone tell me what possibly to look for? I have all the unused wires in the harness, electrical taped just as a precaution. I greatly appreciate any info or suggestions.

Well it is a 1995 Mitsubishi 3000gt vr-4, but I don't think that or anything else should matter because the vehicle didn't have the problem prior. It had a Alpine CVA-1005, which I replaced with the N2, and only then did this battery drain begin. I fully charged up the battery over night, so I am going to go see what it is like now.

ya, it's pretty obvious the prob is isolated with the n2 since the same prob occured in each of 2 cars it was in, as long as no other equipment was transferred with it...i have an N2, and never have had a prob like this....i would contact pioneer about it...even if the ACC lead is not shutting down the N2 when the car is off, you could probably leave the unit on all night without the battery dying, so long as no sound is not coming from the speakers.... you could try laying down the $$$ and buying an Optima dry cell battery for the car, which are top of the line, as to be sure its your batterys that just can't hold a charge....good luck with that one