AVIC411.com

2004 Dodge Ram metra Wiring Harness

Hey guys,

I will be receivign my D3 soon and was trying to find out which wires I need to connect where.

Specifically which wires will be -

12v constant

12v switched

The Metra Harness has a

-Yellow Fused Batt/Memory wire (which I assume is the constant)

-Red Ignition / accessories (which I am assuming is the switched one)

These on the harness line up to connect to the following I found for a pinout of the non infinity radio.

RADIO C1 (EXCEPT INFINITY) - GRAY 22 WAY

CAV CIRCUIT FUNCTION

1 A114 18GY/RD FUSED B(+)

2 F983 20PK/YL FUSED IGNITION SWITCH OUTPUT (RUN-ACC)

Now I may have answered my own questions but I need confirmation. Once my stereo arrives I want to solder the metra harness and the pioneer harness together.

Any other tips etc... are appreciated as I want this to be as smooth an install as possible.

Also if anyone has specifics as to where (pictures help) to find the vss and reverse wires for the truck that helps too.

This is going to be one heck of a project since the Rams has a 1 1/2 din opening so I will be doing some fabricating.

the wire colors are going to be the same... ex... red to red... yellow to yellow... black to black... and so on... now for your ignition wire... plug the metra harness up, find the red wire, now follow it to the other side to the factory plug... if there is not a red wire then you will need to tap an accessory fuse or tap the cigarette lighter if you have one that isn't constant