AVIC411.com

high pitch whinning noise and lag

I want to thank you guys for my previous thread, CarPlay works but my radio is giving me a hard time. Whenever I'm making a call on Bluetooth or using CarPlay I get this high pitch whinning noise. I brought it into  the installer and they told me the CRUX harness has to go. I bought the crux harness for my previous single DIN Alpine and it worked great, but it's not working great for the AVIC 8000. The installer has a metra harness that says should take care of the problem, but he's charging me $159, in which I can purchase for $49 on amazon. The installer also suggested a "connects2" harness, which are made in the UK. 

I've also been experiencing lag going in and out of apps and basic menu options. I called Pioneer and they had me reset the radio through 2 ways on the touch screen, but I couldn't reset it by hitting the button behind the screen because I didn't see a button through the whole. Some advice or help would be great thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to thank you guys for my previous thread, CarPlay works but my radio is giving me a hard time. Whenever I'm making a call on Bluetooth or using CarPlay I get this high pitch whinning noise. I brought it into  the installer and they told me the CRUX harness has to go. I bought the crux harness for my previous single DIN Alpine and it worked great, but it's not working great for the AVIC 8000. The installer has a metra harness that says should take care of the problem, but he's charging me $159, in which I can purchase for $49 on amazon. The installer also suggested a "connects2" harness, which are made in the UK. 

I've also been experiencing lag going in and out of apps and basic menu options. I called Pioneer and they had me reset the radio through 2 ways on the touch screen, but I couldn't reset it by hitting the button behind the screen because I didn't see a button through the whole. Some advice or help would be great thanks.

High pitched whining noise is usually attributed to a poor ground, I would check ground connections before you bother spending any more cash an a harness that will do the same thing as the one you're using. 

Does the noise increase with engine rpms?  Does it increase with volume increase?  I had a similar issue which was caused by the stock toyota ground wire in the radio's wiring harness being insufficient.  I ran a ground wire straight from my battery and the problem went away.  Another easy way to fix this is to ground your RCA grounds to the chassis of your amps.