AVIC411.com

burning movies/ DVDs

Im sure this had been discussed many times and i did try searching it and found a few things but i have ruined 2 dvds and a few blank cds...

My question is how do i burn music videos or movies that i have downloaded myself? what programs have you guys been using/ what CDs and what way are you saving them?

The info i got so far is to save them as a VCD and i got nero burner to do that but i no dice they still dont play and im also having trouble ripping DVDs.. also what programs are you guys using to brun DVDs?

thanks in advance!

henrry-

thanks for putting in your 2 cents but much like your other few useless posts in this forum the little speech was lacking any real points or useful info. The site he mentioned does give tips on video conversions and different formats but it does not talk about AVICs. If you read my questions I was askin about how to burn videos and dvds. The AVIC is one of the few or probably the only brand that will only play files burned in DVD format and not VCD or SVCD (using a reg. CD-R). I asked about programs to be used and there is no mention of programs that people with have been using to rip/burn dvds for avics.

PaisanNYC-

Sorry if came off a little arrogant when I replied back to your answer. I see now that it might have came off that way, but I meant nothing by it. I was just frustrated from trying so many things and this is my first unit that wont except other file types and that’s very annoying… so thanks for your help. =)

Well sorry, I didn't mean to sound flippant or arrogant either. The Pioneer AVIC is only a DVD player, there are probably thousands of DVD players that do not play VCD/SVCD. Nothing on the AVIC shows that it will play MPEG.

The only problem I saw with your post is that http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=325727

From the second post sent the same day:

Vdub will join the avis.

Open the first one, then under 'file' select 'append segment', select second file. Save as new complete avi.

I use Subtitle Tool to join subtitle files, change framerate, shift back or forth and so on.

The fastest/easiest way to go from avi with subtitles to DVD is with ConvertXtoDVD.

(edit:assuming you mean convert to DVD video format and not just store the larger AVI as data on a DVD)

From the "SEARCH" function on the forum I found this post:

http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.ph ... 0vcd%20dvd

And before you say it is a fault of the AVIC, its not a MPEG player it's a DVD player. Nothing from Pioneer ever stated that the AVIC is compatible with VCD/SVCD.

Well sorry, I didn't mean to sound flippant or arrogant either. The Pioneer AVIC is only a DVD player, there are probably thousands of DVD players that do not play VCD/SVCD. Nothing on the AVIC shows that it will play MPEG.

The only problem I saw with your post is that http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=325727

From the second post sent the same day:

Vdub will join the avis.

Open the first one, then under 'file' select 'append segment', select second file. Save as new complete avi.

I use Subtitle Tool to join subtitle files, change framerate, shift back or forth and so on.

The fastest/easiest way to go from avi with subtitles to DVD is with ConvertXtoDVD.

(edit:assuming you mean convert to DVD video format and not just store the larger AVI as data on a DVD)

From the "SEARCH" function on the forum I found this post:

http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.ph ... 0vcd%20dvd

And before you say it is a fault of the AVIC, its not a MPEG player it's a DVD player. Nothing from Pioneer ever stated that the AVIC is compatible with VCD/SVCD.

where did i ever mention it being AVICs fault? what are you talking about?? I only mentioned that its the only one that doesnt do that.

I understand that its a DVD player not a mpeg player i was never questioning that. anyway im done trying to educate you on what i said vs what you are supposedly argueing. thanks for the cheap entertainment kid.