AVIC411.com

pioneer d1 navi problem

hi I just purchased a new avic d1 and its great, but I am having trouble with the navigation. The voice that talks sometimes goes on and off and the directions it gives me are totally wierd it constantly tells me to make a u-turn and on the free way it says make a u-turn. Could someone help me play around with this maybe Im doing something wrong. Thnx
[quote name="Anonymous"]hi I just purchased a new avic d1 and its great, but I am having trouble with the navigation. The voice that talks sometimes goes on and off and the directions it gives me are totally wierd it constantly tells me to make a u-turn and on the free way it says make a u-turn. Could someone help me play around with this maybe Im doing something wrong. Thnx[/quote]

If you hear the voice giving you directions and in the middle of talking it stops, then look at the screen. If the little green bar on the lower left corner pops up that its recalculating the route, then it probably think you went off the highlighted route.

If you hear the computer telling you to make a u-turn that is most likely because you missed a turn and it is telling you to get back on the route it wanted you to take.

In both instances, there is a possible chance that your navi is off as far as where it THINKS you are and where you ACTUALLY are. There is a way to adjust this to tell the car where you really are in case your GPS is off, but I cant recall which setup/setting sub-menu has "adjust location" or something like that. Perhaps this is your issue.

Good luck!
  • 2 weeks later...
Mind does that sometimes too. It also does it always at the same intersection. It looks like it is in the process of saying Turn Left in 200 meters, but then gets cut off because before it can finish the sentence, I am at the point where I am supposed to make the left turn.