AVIC411.com

Kenwood DNX7100

Hey everyone, I currently have a AVIC-Z2 and I am really disappointed with the iPOD controls being really slow and the lack of video via the iPOD, Divx support and only having 6 FM presets.

I have heard Kenwood has a new all-in-one head unit the DNX7100....

Divx Support

Flash Memory Based Garmin Navi (built in)

Full Speed IPOD access with IPOD video and podcast support, not to mention you can see the album art on screen too.

Touch Screen and Bluetooth as well

NO HDD

Has anyone gotten their hands on this unit, I have been reading a lot of good things about this, but no formal reviews are out yet, thinking about making the switch but I dont want to change for another unit that has the same problems.

I played with one the other day, and it was pretty awsome....the ipod control is virtually the same as making selections on the ipod itself... it's the only unit I've seen where you can completely make video selections from the screen itself.

I chatted with a guy on a Jeep forum, and he swears by it.

Some people here complain about the "cartoon" look of the maps....I care less about that, and more about the function.

Check the D3 section...it's discussed at length there. I have the D3 and don't have any complaints. As far as the cartoon maps, I guess it depends on how close you zoom on the maps. I had to use it on a trip to Florida and it worked like a charm. Ipod is same speed as if you were listening to your ipod...bypass is simple...album art...no hdd but it does have the nav maps on an sd card and is easily upgradable. Kenwood did a great job and probably need to pay me for marketing because they really didn't push this great product they have. I haven't done the bluetooth yet so I can't comment on that.