AVIC411.com

bose system question

i think Bose system are running fiber optic through out ur speaker, and it's much harder job to install the D3 since u have to rewire the whole car, labour cost can be a lot depends where u get it install and how hard it is to do it.

What year is the armada? Nissan blose systems are not fiber optic. That can of worms belongs solely to euros. Back to the OP, sounds like you have the right harness. You plug the rcas into the rca outputs of you avic.

White - to the left front output

Gray - to the right front

Green - to the left rear

Purple - to the Right Rear

The speaker wires from the avic just get taped up you don't need them. The black/white wire in the harness you have for your truck must be grounded along with the black wire from the avic. You can use one of the mounting screws for the radio as a ground. As for all the other wires from the nissan harness you have just match the colors up to the avic harness.

How hard is it to install the avic d3 in a armada with a bose system.I think I have the right wire harness at the end of it it has rca cables.Do I plug that into the avic head unit to power my factory speakers or do I hook up each wire to the speaker wires.Let me know how hard it is

I take it you have the radio harness kit and the Metra dash. If so your install will be easy. Where did you run the GPS antennae? I ran mine up and on the Dash close to the window in front of the Speaker. I have an 04 armada. Are you on the Club Armada Forum also?

k

How hard is it to install the avic d3 in a armada with a bose system.I think I have the right wire harness at the end of it it has rca cables.Do I plug that into the avic head unit to power my factory speakers or do I hook up each wire to the speaker wires.Let me know how hard it is

I take it you have the radio harness kit and the Metra dash. If so your install will be easy. Where did you run the GPS antennae? I ran mine up and on the Dash close to the window in front of the Speaker. I have an 04 armada. Are you on the Club Armada Forum also?

k

Yes I part of Club armada.

I didnt do the install yet,I still waiting on it from Cruthfield.I wanted to get the info before i installed it.How hard was it,I have some knowledge of installing car stereos.Where did you find the VSS wire and the reverse wire.And you said installed the gps antenna behind the radio.

Yes I part of Club armada.

I didnt do the install yet,I still waiting on it from Cruthfield.I wanted to get the info before i installed it.How hard was it,I have some knowledge of installing car stereos.Where did you find the VSS wire and the reverse wire.And you said installed the gps antenna behind the radio.

Once you get the wire harness kit it's real easy just match the color of the wires.

I just found out from this forum that the vss is solid pink ON THE HARNESS. I paid Ciruit City $50 to find it connect and leave some length for me to attach. They went behind the Glove Compartment.

Did not use the reverse wire ( No need)

When you pull off the face plate ({Front} the one you will replace with the Metra) Pull the Bezel that has the Speaker on top just enough for you to drop the GPS connection end thru. I used the magnetic pad and placed the End on it. PM me if you have any Q?

K

Do i just hook up the avic power antenan wire to my metra wire label power antenna.Is that wire 12volts.The manuel was sying hooking up a booster antena or something wat is that

I can't remeber if I did that or not. I just hooked up the antennae. It should not hurt. I just can't remember. knowing me I most likely did.

K

well i just installed a D2 in my infiniti g35 copue with bose system

what you need is a wire harnes, high low pass filter set-up because bose runs at 2 OHMs and aftermarket decks and speakers run at 4 OHMs

i just finished the install yesterday...took me a week at my own pace cause it was in the gargae.

just take your time with it bose doesnt make it an easy set up