AVIC411.com

Anyone want to give a review on iPod's video playback on D3?

please keep in mind that i don't have an iPod, and i'm considering to buy one to put all the media in it and leave the nav dvd in the D3's drive...so, having said that...

does anyone have any complaints on iPod video's playback on the D3? like...does it fill up the whole screen in real widescreen mode, or does that depend on the video file? any gripes about playback quality? and i assume the playback has sounds?

I have an 80GB iPod connected to D3, and the video is excellent! I've been pulling all sorts of Music video and TV shows from iTunes, and they vary on full screen / wide screen. I put a 17" widescreen overhead LCD for rear seat and it looks great there too.

The video quality is excellent however the only downfall with the D3 and video on your ipod is that you dont get a list view of your movies on the D3 to choose from like you do with the audio side of the ipod interface. You have to hit VIDEO under the ipod screen on the D3. Then it will tell you to begin play from your ipod. At that point you will navigate to your video on the ipod and hit play. Only then will you be able to put the ipod away and control from the D3 and you only get PAUSE/PLAY, SKIP, and RW/FF. You must have all of your movies in a playlist in order to skip to different videos once you do have control from the D3 or else you will have to repeat all those steps to view a different movie. All of this starts over once you change sources or turn the unit off.