AVIC411.com

D3 into 2006 Dodge Charger

I am glad there are forums like this to help with a problem when you are at your wits end. I had a Avic-D3 installed in my car earlier this week at what is a known Audio shop. I have used them before with no problems. I thought at first everything went fine until I am on my way home. I notice that the tire pressure light is on. No Problem I will stop at the gas station and put some air in the tires. Check the tires and all are correctly inflated. It's getting dark by now so I turn on my lights and I notice half the lights on my climate control are out. I turn the nav on and set a course for home just to try it out and then I notice the voice guidance doesn't work. What's the point of having a Nav with no voice guidance doesn't work. You may as well stick to Map Quest. I have tried all different settings in the system set up. Mute, Attenuate, Guidence on or off, nothing makes any difference. I took the car back to installer and they tried another D3 in my car while I was there and still the same. They have called the Pioneer Rep with no help. There Tech guy is travelling and won't be able to get back to them until next week. So does anyone here have any bright ideas??? The only thing I can think of is they are using the wrong harness. Any help would be appreciated

• 9 months later...

Guess I'm lucky....I have an 06 R/T and it works great!

Just to let you know a few weeks ago I had to replace the temp control board cause only one side would light up, It was cover under warranty. But you should check to make sure the connection is plug in good before anything. Your tire sensor could be bad, another thing to look into. Last, make sure that you have the volume up for your guide.

what group sound do you have? If you go to chargerforum.com go on search and they have listed everything you need for the radio :)

I figured out the problem. Here is the way it has to be wired per pac parts web site incase anyone else has this problem.

The factory amplifier accepts two channel audio only. The

amplifier fading is controlled by data communication from the factory radio. Therefore the aftermarket radio will not have the

capability to control the amplifier. Please connect the Front outputs of the aftermarket radio to the Rear inputs of the 22 pin

connector. This will allow the Navigation unit voice prompts to be heard. The rear speaker outputs of the radio are not used.

The factory amplifi er Balance and Fader is set to center by the interface.