AVIC411.com

2007 ford f-150 install

hey i am going to be installing my d-3 in my 07 ford f-150 on monday got the radio from crutchfield. putting in the sirius sat radio,steering wheel controls,the sound system that came with the truck is the audiopile system which i think sounds pretty good it has a subwoofer and seperate woofers and tweeters I believe.

My question is when I hook up this new system is the sub going to work?I believe it is amplified

thanks for any help you can give and any other tips you can offer for my install

Thanks

Dave

also if anyone has installed a d-3 in a 07 f-150 supercrew where did you put the gps antenna I am going to use the sirius sat antenna that came with the truck.

Dave

If your willing the try it, I have had great success with mounting the gps ant on top the d3 in the dash. I have not had any problems concering signal ect.

Of course others results may vary, but it's worth it if it works as it's another thing that can be made to dissapear if you know what I mean. The xm/sirius sat is another story though, it like to see the sky.

:lol:

Good luck,

Krumby - I have the D2 in my 04 F150 with the XM add-on. I routed both antennas out the third brake light and set them on the roof of the truck. Tried the dash with the XM and where I live the signal sucked. I figured since I am running one back there I might as well run both. If you do run out the third brake light, seal it up with some silicone when you put it back together. These trucks are already famous for leaking back there. A great spot that I found to mount the sat radio unit is under the tray that is on the dash in the center. When you have your radio bezel off there are 2 screws that hold that tray down. Take them out and pop the tray out and if the Sirius unit is similar in size as the XM you can mount it to the bracket that sits just above the radio. You will love this unit in your truck, everyone that sees mine says that it fits so good it looks factory. Erik

Thank you guys for all the help I can't wait to install it in my f-150 and i hope all goes in easy Iam going to do the bypass too I think I will try the gps on the dash first if not I will route out the back I am going to use the factory sirius ant.

thank you again for all the help I will let you know how it goes

Dave

• 2 months later...

I had the D3 installed about 2 weeks ago by some local "professionals" in my 2004 F150 FX4 Super Crew. Was always impressed with the sound quality of the audiophile factory system and expected the D3 to pick it right up with no issues.

The sound quality in my truck is now horrible. I have no sub and about 90% of the sound is out of the little front door speakers. I have had to flatten the EQ to keep from rattling those speakers out of the door. I believe the audiophile had cross-overs, is that what I now need? Or did they completely jack up the wiring.

I would appreciate any advice before I head back to the audio install shop or attempt something drastic myself!

I have an 06 FX4 with the audiophile also. I hooked up the d3 and it sounds just awesome. i still need the resistor though to r=get rid of pop. if u are using the correct harness( should be 2 of them, one for speakers, power etc and one for the sub) the sub harness should have a set of preouts and 2 blue wires. the one blue wire is not connected to the oem harness, so check to make sure the correct one is wired to remote turn on the head unit. i found this out myself as i initially didnt have sub hooked up either. also play around with the staging option, i have mine set on dynamic, and jumping back and forth i noticed there is a change and some distortion. i would start by setting the loudness setting first then do the staging, then do the high pass filter as this will take the lows out of the stock speakers, then do sub setting and lastly do the eq which pick custom and play with it til u get the results u want. i have h igh pass set on 125 and sub set on 50 and takes all distortion out. hope this helps

I got it all sorted out today. Simple wiring mistake. I appreciate the assistance from everybody. I'm no genius when it comes to this stuff and haven't had time to do the research. I went back to the installer with a couple of your posts, he read them, realized what the issue was, and got me hooked up in about 20 minutes.