AVIC411.com

D3 with Seperate OHD Monitor with DVD

HI, I'm considering buying one of the D3's and found this website very helpful in answering some questions I've searched on. I'm also planning on putting in a dropdown monitor/dvd player for my kids to enjoy in the back. These units use an fm modulator with head phones, this won't interfere with me enjoying my D3 (radio, ipod,nav etc) if they are watching a movie in the back will it? The easy way to put it, can I do both at once without hearing there movie? Thanks in advance!

yes, you can do multiple things at once. the headphones always transmit no matter what your doing up front. if your installing a d3 you dont need the rf mod for the dvd. thats only for interfacing with stock stereos. you hook it right to your d3 inputs and outputs, and if you want you can even have both screens playing the same thing and the sound thru your speakers, whatever you want

yes, you can do multiple things at once. the headphones always transmit no matter what your doing up front. if your installing a d3 you dont need the rf mod for the dvd. thats only for interfacing with stock stereos. you hook it right to your d3 inputs and outputs, and if you want you can even have both screens playing the same thing and the sound thru your speakers, whatever you want

Thanks for the reply. The OHD montitor I was looking has a fm mod built in to it. I know about hooking up the video output on the D3 to a dropdown monitor to view the dvd up front and in the back, but I don't ever see me using that function, therefore this is why I wanted a seperate dvd for the back and was concerned with the fm modulator interfering with a seperat dvd/nav/ipod... playing up front. I don't want the audio from the rear dvd playter transmitting throughout the car speakers. I know the N3 would let me let me do what I'm wanting w/o the second dvd player, but I really like the double din feature of the D3 and willing to purchase the additonal dvd/monitor combo.

the only way the rear audio will come thru up front is if you tune your radio to the radio station the rear dvd is set for. it wont interfere with any other source. you can also probably turn off the rf all together. you wont have any problems, i've done this hundreds of times

the only way the rear audio will come thru up front is if you tune your radio to the radio station the rear dvd is set for. it wont interfere with any other source. you can also probably turn off the rf all together. you wont have any problems, i've done this hundreds of times

Great!! Thanks so much for your help.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you listen to something up front and have monitors hooked up to the rear so the kids can watch a movie while the wife and I listen to music?