AVIC411.com

2004 XUV AVIC-D3 problems. Unit on all the time!

I have a 2004 Envoy XUV w/ Onstar(not going to use Onstar so no bypass needed) and am trying to install the Pioneer AVIC-D3 unit. So far I can get the unit to turn on and play through all speakers without any problems. I have connected the accessory wire off the pioneer unit to the Midgate fuse in the fuse box as I was told on this forum that works perfectly. As soon as I do this, the unit will turn on without any key in the ignition. I have installed dozen of decks in my time but this is the first one I have attempted where there no accessory wire in the stock harness. Any ideas why the deck stays on all the time?

Also if anyone has installed a GPS unit in the exact model/year, where can I find the Speed Sensor wire? Anyone have pics of the exact wire? Thanks!

Accessory orange + ignition harness

Speed Sense dk. green/white PCM

4.2L: The PCM is attached to the driver side of the engine. VSS is in the blue plug, pin 32.

5.3L: The PCM is near the lower front driver side of the engine. VSS is in the green plug, pin 50.