AVIC411.com

Ridiculous problem!!!!

So I set out to install my D3 today since if came in from crutchfield. Got the harness and wires soldered together and I went to take out the radio. Took it out and realized I couldn't take out the factory harness on the radio I'm suppose to use. The alarm shop that installed my alarm stripped a couple of the screws. They grounded some wires to there. I don't know why they would even try to ground there in the first place. They stripped three screws and I guess the fourth they got out and grounded it there. I am pissed. How do I get the screws out? Please help. Also, can anyone tell me where to find the VSS wire and reverse wire for an 03 Subaru WRX? I've searched but keep coming up with different colored wires. Thanks for listening to me vent.

Sounds like your alarm installers weren't very good. Are you saying the installers grounded the alarm directly to the radio?

It sounds like you just can't remove the factory plug from the radio.

If all else fails, you could look for a replacement harness, cut the old one off, and put a new one on. Most stealerships will order the part for you.

If the thing is just held in by some solder, you can always remove the solder to free it up.

Reverse Light brown/yellow + passenger kick, harness to rear

Speed Sense green/yellow ECM below glove box

On the non-turbo models the vss is in pin 10 of the 20 pin plug. On the turbo models the vss is in pin 1 of the 22 pin plug.

The vss wire is also found behind the instrument cluster in the 10 pin plug.

Sounds like your alarm installers weren't very good. Are you saying the installers grounded the alarm directly to the radio?

It sounds like you just can't remove the factory plug from the radio.

If all else fails, you could look for a replacement harness, cut the old one off, and put a new one on. Most stealerships will order the part for you.

If the thing is just held in by some solder, you can always remove the solder to free it up.

No not the wiring harness, they grounded the alarm to the factory mounting harness/bracket thing unto the screws. I guess there is a thing called easy screw or something that kinda drills stripped screws out. Imma try that today.

uhm, it hasnt occurred to anyone that the shop that installed the alarm should be held accountable?

BEFORE TOUCHING anything else, i would go back to the shop, tell them of the problem tell them to fix the install of the alarm so its proper, and the stripped screws. If they cant or wont, then I would go to the dealer and tell the shop that they will be responsible for the damages (cost the dealer is going to charge to fix it)

If you do other work its going to be tough to pin the mess up on the alarm installation shop. Besides why would you be working on something that is less then perfect to start with, you got a nice head unit dont cheapen it by 'just living' the imperfection.

Reverse Light brown/yellow + passenger kick, harness to rear

Speed Sense green/yellow ECM below glove box

On the non-turbo models the vss is in pin 10 of the 20 pin plug. On the turbo models the vss is in pin 1 of the 22 pin plug.

The vss wire is also found behind the instrument cluster in the 10 pin plug.

Hey Misfit, behind the instrument cluster, which is the 10 pin plug.There is three plugs back there. When the is facing me (normal position) is it the one to the far right? Sorry for all the questions. I really appreciate your help.