AVIC411.com

Custom Background

First off, I know there is a seperate section for this but I am not getting much help there.

My question is -- how did you guys get your custom screens on the D3? I tried both the process in the manual -- creating a cd-r with a "pictures" folder but that did not work as well as the dvd decryptor method which did not work.

Any ideas? Can someone possibly share a iso image somehow?

Guess I'll talk to myself here :? The manual for the D3 states that you can burn to CD/DVD with JPEG files, however, someone on this board mentioned that you cannot do that with the D series (D3) and you must use the method where you delete the poi files, etc.

Well, I am trying that now. The last time I tried that the file size was too big for a DVD >4.7GB. So --- DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET THE SIZE DOWN TO < (LESS THAN) 4.7gb?

Your JPEG files are not >4.7 GB, unless you have thousands of them.

Follow the directions exactly as the manual says, and it will work fine. Use a pic size of 500x240 pixels for best results (or similar aspect ratio).

I used a DVD, put 1 image in a folder called "pictures", and added some junk files (large pdfs) to meet the disk usage requirement. Worked just fine. Keep in mind the manual says you can not use music files to meet the usage minimum.