AVIC411.com

I read through the forums but didn't find anything that would explain why I'm seeing what I'm seeing, so here goes...

I recently had my flex cable upgraded by Pioneer. Circuit City reinstalled my monitor and hide-away unit for free since they did the original installation. Prior to the flex-cable upgrade, everything worked fine.

However, now the map doesn't appear to be oriented correctly. Before the upgrade, the map would always show my direction to be toward the top of the screen. As I turned, the map would again orient itself to show me headed toward the top. Now, the map keeps my "red arrow" pointed toward the top while my destination is left or right. I've tried using the "true north" button on the touch screen, but that only appears to reverse what I'm seeing on the screen. (i.e. red arrow points downward and map is inverted)

Additionally, the system wasn't recalculating the route if I missed my turn.

I realize these are newbie questions, but hey, I'm a newbie. Hell, I don't even know if I explained my problem clearly. Any ideas? Do I need to clear the calibration values (speed pulse, distance, learning mode)?

• 1 year later...
Yes, I confirmed they had everything plugged in and the brain was pointing in the right direction. I have noticed the system now asks me to pick a region when I first put the "East Coast" disk in. It never used to do that. Is it possible Pioneer updated the firmware?

Am having the exact same problem... just upgraded a N1 to 70 DVD West DVD.

Did you get this resolved??

I finally got it to work. Here's what I found out.

My vehicle dynamics was always listed as 'Not Available'

I then went to the Setup --> Hardware Info --> 3D Status --> Learning

I reset the learning, it's not simple hybrid... took about 15 mins of driving, but after that it worked like a champ! Vehicle Dynamics works, it tracks perfectly!