AVIC411.com

HELP!! D3 draning my batterty

So i installed the d3 yesterday. Everything went great. Everything worked perfectly. Then I went to drive it around and the car's electricity started sputtering. So I went back home and right in front of my house, the car died. Other than normal use of electricity, I have an alarm hooked up and a V1 hardwired. Do I need a new battery? This is the first this has happened. Also, after that, my rearview camera doesn't work. Can anyone help me out?

I had a problem with my battery dying the other day. However, I had been installing the rearview camera, and the radio was playing without the engine running for a few hours. My guess is that the D3 drains the battery faster than the stock radio does. Your alternator may not be charging the battery, though, so check that out, too.

So I went to NTB today and bought a new battery. When the guys tested my alternator, it read out 12.8 something. I guess it's suppose to read around 14. I guess my alternator is weak. Everything seems to be working fine right now in my car for now. I guess it's running on straight battery. Gotta get a new alternator soon

So I went to NTB today and bought a new battery. When the guys tested my alternator, it read out 12.8 something. I guess it's suppose to read around 14. I guess my alternator is weak. Everything seems to be working fine right now in my car for now. I guess it's running on straight battery. Gotta get a new alternator soon

Hopefully it's easy to get to and replace, when this happened to me, it was on a 98 Monte Carlo, and I tried.........but just couldnt get in there to do it, had to take it to a shop.

first off, if your car died while it was running, that is not a battery problem. in fact you can completely remove the battery from your vehicle while the car is running and it will continue to run.

Second, your alternator reading is too low, as the shop probably told you. What that means is that all your electrical equipment has been running off of the battery since the alternator started putting out only 12.1 volts.

You should have connected the head unit with a wire harness there by eliminating the possibility of turning the unit on when the key is not in the acc position. And, eliminating other probable causes to problems.

first off, if your car died while it was running, that is not a battery problem. in fact you can completely remove the battery from your vehicle while the car is running and it will continue to run.

Second, your alternator reading is too low, as the shop probably told you. What that means is that all your electrical equipment has been running off of the battery since the alternator started putting out only 12.1 volts.

You should have connected the head unit with a wire harness there by eliminating the possibility of turning the unit on when the key is not in the acc position. And, eliminating other probable causes to problems.

Thanks. Yea I guess I need a new alternator. My battery was also very old and NTB said that I should get a new battery. maybe they just wanted a sale. :evil:

DejaVu :D