AVIC411.com

What else do i need to complete the install?

I just ordered the following from Crutchfield for an install in a 03 WW GTI. Are there any parts that I am missing to complete the install?

Volkswagen Wire Harness

Euro Antenna Adapter OEM F to Motorola M

Universal OEM DIN Tool Pair For select VW and Mercedes models

CD-i200 Ipod Control Interface

AVIC-D3 DVD Navigation Receiver

CD-BTB200 Bluetooth Adapter

XM NavTraffic Satellite Radio

Crutchfield Guide: Satellite Radio Car Installation

Crutchfield Guide: In-Dash Navigation Receiver Installation

ND-BC2 Universal Rever Universal Reverse Rear-View Camera

everything looks good. mkae sure you have good wiring because there is not alot of room behind the Volkswagens radios. when i had my jetta my single din barely fit, and the D3 has a sh*tload of wires when they are connected with all the harnesses not to mention the av wires and then you ad the ip bus cables and ipod, its quick to become a giant mess. it made me glad my scion had tons of space.

• 1 year later...

you will need to cut the back plastic support piece once you pull the factory radio out to get the D3 to fit with a lot less work... it is still a lot of work but still much less work then not having it cut. I have the xm installed in the trunk and under the dash. both work fine just depends where you want the antenna. I personally have mine installed in my trunk because I built sub / amp boxes and i was able to conceal them behind the boxes. I have my mic mounted in the little piece where the sunroof control knob is. I made a custom piece for my radar detector display and added the mic into that. but the pillar would be my second choice