AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 & 1995 Spyder VR-4

When I put my Z1 in my 97 VR4 I put all new Focals, pioneer amp and Dynamatted/Dynaliner'ed every square inch of the interior. Big difference. Can you spell t o m b ? Then switched from the Borla to a Tanabe SM Hyper cat-back. Very nice ........ and even more quite.

Dennis

I thought that stuff only reduced noise from going outside?

It is barrier material, so it in theory would keep sound in. But the purpose is to keep exterior noise out. And it does. Only issue with the VR4 is the road noise from the low profile tires and the generally stiffer suspension components transmitting that road noise. Even so, this car is quiet now.

I'm not a fanatic about music in the car, but the quality of the Z1 is sufficient with these speakers that it needed to be more quite to fully appreciate the sound. Well worth it if you're going to keep the car, which I am.

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...

*Sigh* seems like no one keeps these cars stock. That is why I am keeping my VR4 dead bone stock. It will be worth tons, since it will be the only nonmodified 3000GT in the world (if you forget the fact that it has 108k miles :P )

*Sigh* seems like no one keeps these cars stock. That is why I am keeping my VR4 dead bone stock. It will be worth tons, since it will be the only nonmodified 3000GT in the world (if you forget the fact that it has 108k miles :P )

Does that mean you didn't install a Z1? Cause it wouldn't be stock then :wink:

I like driving it way too much to not try to improve it. Its quieter, faster, lighter, handles better, and now has a better sound system and nav system. It gets better all the time! All depends what you're looking for.