AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 iPod Skips Most Songs

I just got my car back tonight with my new AVIC-D3. I have the Pioneer CD-i200 iPod adapter. My iPod is a hand-me-down from my brother-in-law. I don't know which generation it is.

I can listen to some songs with no problems, but it won't play most of them. It shows the title and artist for a split second then moves to the next track. I can't find the common thread. Some songs I downloaded from iTunes; others I ripped from CDs.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I was thinking about burning all of my iTunes to CDs and importing them back in as MP3s anyway. Do you think that would work? Is there an easier way? At 16 songs per disc, it's going to take at least 32 CDs to export and import the songs...

1. Be sure your ipod is on the latest firmware.

2. Check your MP3's. Sometimes they corrupt and cut off early with the adapter but play fine with iTunes. I have this problem with the iPod adapter and the DEH-7600.

You'll notice that it's the same songs every time. Delete the originals and then re-rip (download) them again to iTunes and it should clear it up.

I found the problem, and it makes me mad.

I had planned to burn all of my songs to CD and import them as MP3s. Before I did this, I exported my song list to a text file. I realized that the songs I can play are AAC files--these are the ones that I ripped from my own CDs. The ones I can't play on my AVIC-D3 via my iPod are Protected AAC files--ones I bought on iTunes.

Apple doesn't allow me to play the songs I purchased on my iPod when it's connected to certain non-Apple players. Nazis. :x

I did upgrade my iTunes to the latest version. I did a lot of research on what iTunes calls "Protected AAC Audio Files" and found that iTunes' security was my primary issue. When the security was removed from the files, they played with no problems.

I resolved the issue by downloading WMAConvert ($14.90). It took a few hours to convert all of the files, but it retained the title and artist info, the sound is great, and they all work on my AVIC-D3.

That's the key! Glad you found a program to remove DMA. Don't you just hate it when the man tries to hold you down? lol

You should still look at Tunebite. It can convert 4 songs at once at up to 4x the speed. Works like a champ. The platinum version also handles video. Very nice when you need to move some protected video to the iPod for the bypass!

Again, I have plenty of songs that I purchased from the iTunes Store that play through my AVIC D3. Make sure your iPod software is up to date and try restoring your iPod. It definitely does not have anything to do with the DRM and is likely related to a technical issue on your end.

• 3 years later...

I have the same problem (I think), but the difference is that a couple days ago, every song played fine, but now, it will only play the song i select and then it skips everything after it in the playlist/album etc. Everything is up to date. I tried resetting both ipod and HU. I have 2500 songs and I really dont want to reload them all on the ipod if i dont have to.

Does this sound like i have the same problem, or could it be something different?