AVIC411.com

2007 suburban, d-2 & 3d calibration

good morning, this is my first time here and i have a question, on the suburban is the correct vss wire yellow/ black @ the ecm. when i go into info i do see the pulse working and the nav will get me to my address that is inputed, however when i go into the 3d screen i show 0 miles, my pulses will count up continually and 3d status says initializing. but it does not seem to ever initialize. do i need to go a constant speed for a certain amount of miles ( i had a trailblazer that needed to be set up like that). OR do i have a bad unit. i tried to call pioneer but could not get thru to tech services, so here i am. also being my first time here ( and please do not get angry) i see some info for the over ride of the d2. how exactly is this done and what benefits are there to this. thanks for the help and the patience. ( sorry to seem long winded)

ok, you have the right speed sense wire, and if the speed pulse varies with your driving speed, then your hooked up correctly. sometimes it takes a while for evrything to calibrate and initialize. give it some time. the bypass is done by removing the yellow/black mute wire from the harness and inserting it into the far right (looking from the wire side) bottom pin.then grounding it and the light green parking brake wire. the advantage is that you can enter addresses while driving. also if you use an external video source, it will allow you to watch it while your driving

thank you misfit, do you happen to know what my pulse should read in the 3d initialization mode? i have put abot 100 miles on the truck and still will not initialize. also out of curiosity i disconnected the speed pulse wire to see if it would go into simple hybrid mode after clearing out old info. drove for about 5 miles and still no initializing. ( dumb question maybe) do you have to stay in the 3d screen while initializing? i tried out of screen as well as on screen. i am wondering if i just have a bad unit.

i also noticed last night that once in a while i would get an excessive vibration note on the hardware/ connections page. the truck is a diesel. thanks in advance for your help.

xsdbs

dont know what the pulse will read, they vary. it does take a while to calibrate. 5 miles is not nearly enough. in big trucks you sometimes need to dynamat the dash cavity where the radio sits because of high vibrations. also rear support on the head unit will help, especially if your using plastic brackets

thanks again for all the info. i have been reading about complaints on the z1. i have one i was getting ready to install in my wifes trailblazer next week but now i am not sure about it. seemed like a great unit but i see a few complaints about the nav section.

xsdbs

yeah i know what you mean about the eclipse being easier to use, i install them for a toyota dealer here in mich. and decided to try the pioneer systems. on my d2 this morning i got to looking at speed sensor wiring and schematics. i found that the speed sensor wiring goes from the sensor to the ebcm then to the pcm. i found that the yellow/black wire at the pcm was eratic voltage and decided to try the green / white at the ebcm which is on the frame rail on the drivers side. once this connection was made took the truck for a drive and wolla everything worked great. @ the ebcm there is a green / white that also is vss for the cruise control and a few other modules. thought i would pass this along to you. thanks again for all your help.

xsdbs