AVIC411.com

2005 Chevy Silverado w/Bose

what interface module did you use , most of them have a gain control adjustment and if its too high there will be some abnormal sounds. i would also check my grounds and make sure they are low resistance. is your bose amp turned on thru a data signal or is it a remote turn on. on the digital bose amps you only use the front inputs, fading is done thru the digital signal of the amp. i have also narrowed down noises by unplugging one rca at a time to locate the noise and sometimes needed a gli. good luck

you mentioned the module is a chime module. what is the part number. metra has a module for the bose system. it is the gm-oso4. you mentioned using the rcas from another unit that was in the truck, did someone use a line level adaptor instead of the bose interface ? it is also possible that the other unit was a common shielded ground on the rcas and the new unit is balanced signals. have you tried taking a lenght of wire grounded at one end and touching it to the shield of the rca? i have found this to help test the input of the amp circuit. other than that is there a gain on the chime or the loc, maybe its set to high. good luck