AVIC411.com

Unstable Location Cursor Avic-Z1 "HELP"

Hi all,

I have a problem with my Avic-Z1 not recognizing my location. This is hard to explain but I'll try to explain the best I can. Simply put, the direction arrow does not adjust itself while I'm driving. The cursor on the map does move while I'm driving but the pointer doesn't point to the direction of where I'm driving to. I constantly have to goto menu and hit settings and go into Modify Current Location to adjust the arrow to point to the right direction. I'm not sure I have a defective unit or not but this problem is very annoying. If anyone encounter this problem and have a fixed to it, please let me know.

BTW.... I tried the "Restore Factory Settings" and hard reset on the machine but it doesn't work.

Thank you all in advance for contributing to my problem

Hi all, with the help of a fellow member on this board. I manage to correct this issue. For those of you who had the same problem, here's what you have to do:

Go into Settings and from there, find 3D calibration (I don't exactly remember where in setting) and you will see there's 3 options. Now all you have to do is reset all of them and drive approx. a mile or two and it will automatically re-adjust your location and curosr.

Thank you all for your contribution.