AVIC411.com

Pioneer please read!

Wouldn't all this be redundant IF the voice command actually worked the way it's advertised??

Speaking into a mike to get directions is no different then talking to your wife, in the seat next to you, about directions. In fact it's less distracting since there is no arguing with Mrs. Nav about it.

So PIONEER, how about making the voice command thingy work the way it's supposed to????? Surely there's no legal concerns about speaking in a car? Not even in the US - yet? :lol:

........I'm assuming that voice command is still no better in the Z2 than in the Z1. :?:

My take on it is i feel it kinda depends on where you live. I live in Vermont and the highway is long and boring ( im sure just the same in other parts of the country). I've had the z1 for about a year now and since then I think I have watched one movie while driving. However what I really like to do is buring dvd's with music videos and running that as i drive. Enjoying the music and passangers can enjoy video's. Not a big deal - once ive seen the video 3-4 times anyways i have no interest in looking at it while i drive. Maybe the pathy is set up differently and the screen sets just so in the periphials better for me than other vehicles mentioned or owned here, i dont know. But i also use the navi on fly a bunch also as we deliver the publication we sell. So i am constantly punching addresses in while in motion and i find that getting a dvd/cd from my case or trying to find the one I want in the visor is more cumbersome and dangerous than hitting a few keys on the navi.