AVIC411.com

Can Z1 be installed in 2006 Mazda 6?

I am in the market for a new/used car to replace my aging Acura, and I really like the Mazdaspeed 6. The only problem is the only dash kit available for a 2006/2007 is single DIN only. It looks like there might be room to squeeze a double DIN in there, but I'm not sure.

Has anyone ever heard of putting a double DIN HU in the new body style Mazda 6? I don't care if it requires $500 worth of custom work. I just want to know if it's possible. I really liked the car.

I know anything is possible, but I don't want to do anything that will kill the value of the car when I decide to sell it. I don't want to do things like move HVAC controls and hack up the dash. I don't mind cutting up dash trim panels that can be replaced though. I'm hoping to find someone who has done this. It sure looks like you might be able to get the single DIN kit and do some trimming. I just have no idea if there is room behind the dash for a double DIN.

Buying this car is contingent on my Z1 fitting. I know I'm obsessed, but I don't think I could like without my radio. LOL

I really need AWD, and this car is so much cooler looking than the AWD turbo Legacy GTs with similar performance.

Thanks. That's exactly what I'll need. I found out a couple days ago the single DIN kit won't work in the Mazdaspeed because the HVAC is integrated with the radio controls, so I couldn't hack up that other kit if I wanted to.

Do you have any idea how much this kit costs and where I can get it? The manufacturer site mentions nothing about cost or distributors.

I don't have a speed 6 yet, but there's a beautiful silver one for sale that I'm looking at.

the only place to get it is Japan i got mine from them its about $200

ur best bet is to order 10 to 20 kits and get a better deal and sell them on Mazda 6 forums or eBay thats what i did and made some cash on the side

if you want ill order 20 kits again

hope this help you

Kanack Planning Corporation

Koichiro Kaneko

1-4-10 Mizumoto Katsushika Tokyo

125-0032 Japan

tel 03-5660-1234

fax 03-5660-1231

E-mail kanekok@kanack.co.jp

URL http://www.kanack.co.jp

Cool. If you decide to order some more, PM me or post in the forum. I'm about 95% sure I'll be buying a Mazdaspeed 6. I'm trying to sell my car right now, so as soon as I get it sold, I'm going to buy a new car.

What do the kits cost in single lots? I don't speak Japanese, so I'm a little hesitant to call them. LOL It's odd nobody sells them in the US. I searched everywhere for info on putting aftermarket radios in the speed 6 and found nothing but some car PC forums where people tapped into the stock navi screen.

Do you have a speed 6? I noticed your speed 3 in your posts. They look pretty cool too. I was thinking of driving one to see what they're like. The all wheel drive in the 6 is what really makes me want to go that way though. My driveway is very long and steep, and I live in a climate where we get snow. I have been stuck more than once in my own driveway.