AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 + BTB200 caller ID not working with Motorola Q

I have installed the D3 and BTB200 bluetooth adapter and things are working well except it does not recognize numbers in the phone book. The phone number pops up on the screen with Unknown as the name and sometimes NO-DATA displayed as well. I was wondering if this was a limitation of the bluetooth capabilities of the Motorola Q or if it is just not compatible. I have tried several things by editing the phone book. Adding and deleting spaces between the numbers etc. The info comes across just fine on the phone itself however it does not display properly on the D3 screen. Any suggestions or help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Also voice dialing prompts do not play through the speakers. Is this "normal" for this phone as well? Thanks for looking.

Reading another forum I noticed that Motorola released an update for the Q phone (MOL 3 Update). This fixes daylight savings time as well as the random shutdown bug. A side note is that caller ID function now works as expected with the BTB200. After repairing it picked up the number as before, but now will display the name associated with the number as well. I did have to edit a few phone entries in the BTB200 phone book as it will only work if there are no spaces or dashes in the phone number. I am a very happy customer now! Update for the phone went quite well, it can be downloaded from here:

http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/Mo ... Select.asp

• 2 weeks later...