AVIC411.com

AVIC-D1 outside of usa, please help

Hi, Im new to this forum, I have made a lot of research here and cant find the solution for my problems so Im posting here and hope you can help me. I leave in Dominican Republic, a country from the caribbean

I have a used AVIC-D1 and installed it on a 01 civic (i dont have a nav DVD), I grounded the park wire and didnt conected the VSS and the GPS antenna (we dont have nav sistem here). when I turn the unit on, the first massage that appear is a warning that reads:

Navigation initialization in process, or an improper parking brake lead conection.

This waring will not longer appear after the process is complete, if persist check your aperation manual for safety...................

The thing is thar always shows the please insert the correct disc massage, the radio tunner works but I cant access the audio optios (EQ, bass, HPF and that stuff) olso if I insert a audio or mp3 cd it shows like it is playing but I cant hear anything.

I dont want the nav thing, I just want to play MP3s, use an external dvd player to play DVDs and to change the backgound pic,

What should I do? what DVD should I get or download? an east coast DVD or the CNDV-60MP file on a DVD.

Any help will be apreciated. thanks in advance for your help and sorry for my back English....