AVIC411.com

Voice guidance only from front left speaker? AVIC-D1

According to the manual, you can set the voice guidance to come out from the front left speaker only, however for the life of me I cannot find the menu option on the nav itself.

Here are the instructions from the manual:

[size=150][b]Changing the voice output of the navigation guidance[/b][/size]

When there is a navigation guidance, you can mix the guidance voice/beep sound from the navigation unit with the audio sound from this system.

You can select the speaker output for the navigation guidance.

1. Touch “GUIDE VOICE” in the INITIAL menu. Each touch of the “GUIDE VOICE” changes the settings as follows:

L+R (Front speakers) — R (Front right speaker) — L (Front left speaker)
Turn the head unit OFF (hold down source button, so that on the A/V screen it shows OFF in the top left corner). Once that is the case, push IN on the "special" round silver button in lower-left corner. That takes you into the settings/menu list ... and in there you will see a menu to press that says INITIAL ... and in there you'll see the Guidance options as noted in your post above. Good luck!
[quote name="Shaka"]Turn the head unit OFF (hold down source button, so that on the A/V screen it shows OFF in the top left corner). Once that is the case, push IN on the "special" round silver button in lower-left corner. That takes you into the settings/menu list ... and in there you will see a menu to press that says INITIAL ... and in there you'll see the Guidance options as noted in your post above. Good luck![/quote]Thanks Shaka, I will try that tonight! :)