AVIC411.com

Alot of these instructions are for the Avic D series... have not really seen anything specific to the N series (Imparticular, the Avic - N3). Is the process the same for the N3? or are there different steps in doing this? I have attempted to follow the steps provided, and have gotten "incorrect disc format" or something of that nature. I went ahead, and booted up with the correct NAV dvd's... and then replaced with my burned copy... and attempted to change BG pics, and it states "cannot find /bg/ folder" There has to be something wrong in my steps...

I'll try a different route... if anyone has ideas... please let me know!

Let me clarify, due to some PM's that I may have had, I may have been confusing on the question. I know that on the Avic-N3, that you can just put a cd-r in, and upload the JPG's to replace the background picture, however... I know there are ways of editing the cd, and changing the OPENBG2.JPG file. And then using that as your NAV cd, and have a different loading screen other than that Pioneer one. If you could let me know if thats possible on the N3 as well, i'd greatly appreciate it.

Yeah... It says, "RW DVD+R DL" So i dont understand what i'm doing wrong... here's the procedure i'm taking...

I sent you PM not sure if it came through...

I just saw you had the Avic N3 as well... I was trying to figure out if this boot screen would work for the N series as well, since most are talking about the D series Avic's. So you had most luck with Verbatim DVD+R DL I see... I used Memorex DVD+R DL and burned at 2.4x to stay slow as recommended. I'll have to try Verbatim dvd's. But you definatly got the boot screen to work?

I followed these steps, tell me if i'm correct...

1. Put the NAV dvd in your computer, and open it with DVD Decryptor.

A. Open this into an ISO file on your computer

2. Open this new ISO file using an ISO image reader.

A. I open it using MagicISO

3. Copy the files to your HD off the ISO for editing.

A. I just open the ISO and make a folder for all the ISO files to fit onto vor better organization. Plus I dont trust MagicISO's burning features. I wanted to use Nero.

4. Move all your backgrounds you want into the /BG/PIM folder (convert them to PIM's by using PIMview.exe (program downloaded that converts jpg to pim... They are all the correct demensions... favorite was added to the message)

5. Next, I have done this two ways...

A. I just moved all those files as is... to Nero, and burned the files onto the dvd... because when you look at the NAVdvd... those folders and files are all visible... 44 folders/files total (on the first view)... That didnt work

OR

B. I made the newly created dvd after adding files into PIM folder, and overwriting the openbg files, an ISO again... And then burned the ISO using NERO at 2x...

(Both times... naming the newly made DVD the SAME as the name that comes up using the NAVdiscs on my comptuer.)

All of that... i'm still lost... Advise would greatly be apprecated before wasitng more dvd's

Alot of these instructions are for the Avic D series... have not really seen anything specific to the N series (Imparticular, the Avic - N3). Is the process the same for the N3? or are there different steps in doing this? I have attempted to follow the steps provided, and have gotten "incorrect disc format" or something of that nature. I went ahead, and booted up with the correct NAV dvd's... and then replaced with my burned copy... and attempted to change BG pics, and it states "cannot find /bg/ folder" There has to be something wrong in my steps...

I'll try a different route... if anyone has ideas... please let me know!

When you burn your DVD or CD for the D3, make sure you do both of the following:

1: Create a folder named "Pictures" for your image files (jpeg format only) Don't just load the images directly on the disc without being in this folder.

2: Use as close to the maximum space as possible on the CD or DVD.

For some reason, my D3 has issues reading the files if the disc isn't near capacity. Go figure.

Thank you for your reply, however if you read more carefully... it stated the N3 imparticular. I do not have a D3, so I probably should not follow the advice given as it may be different for the N3.

The response was to help anyone having issues, not just you. ..and you're welcome.

Thank you for your reply, however if you read more carefully... it stated the N3 imparticular. I do not have a D3, so I probably should not follow the advice given as it may be different for the N3.

hey hendry, were you ever able to change the "boot-up" screen on your N3?

• 2 years later...