AVIC411.com

i have noticed the my z1 is not accurate any more i went down a wrong street yesterday and the unit still told me i arrived at my destination,

then i selected return home before i got home in front of my house about 2 blocks away it told me u have arrived at your destination.

any ideas anyone.

i have noticed the my z1 is not accurate any more i went down a wrong street yesterday and the unit still told me i arrived at my destination,

then i selected return home before i got home in front of my house about 2 blocks away it told me u have arrived at your destination.

any ideas anyone.

Three things are required for accurate positioning (In order of importance):

1) Satellite reception from at least 3 birds and hopefully more than 6.

2) VSS, a speed sensor and gyro that allow the Avic to navigate over short distances without the presence of a satellite signal.

3) A connection to your reverse tail light to tell the unit when you're navigating backwards.

It sounds to me that you have satellite signals but maybe your VSS has disconnected.

The VSS also ensures a more accurate display by being able to make corrections to your position quicker than the satellite position is updated.

When the reverse wire is not connected, input from the VSS is applied in the oposite direction to actual while backing up thus compounding an inaccuracy rather than correcting it.

Hope this helps. :wink: