AVIC411.com

D3 or Z2 in 2005 Trailblazer

I am looking at eather the D3 or Z2 to relpace my GM factory Nav. I have a 2005 Trailblazer EXT with the BOSE sound system and rear seat entertainment system.

Question:

Is thier a wiring harness or kit what will enable the stering wheel controls?

I have the OEM XM radio. I understand I will need to replace it. What about using the existing vehicle antennas?

Also want to retain the ONSTAR.....

I guess the point is I just want the new features of the D3 or Z2, but want to keep as much GM factory as possible...

Many thanks

Ed

I am looking at eather the D3 or Z2 to relpace my GM factory Nav. I have a 2005 Trailblazer EXT with the BOSE sound system and rear seat entertainment system.

Question:

Is thier a wiring harness or kit what will enable the stering wheel controls?

Yup Pac SWI-PS

I have the OEM XM radio. I understand I will need to replace it. What about using the existing vehicle antennas?

Yup, gotta remove the plastic casing on the factory antenna wire. The xm tuner is mounted behind the glovebox

Also want to retain the ONSTAR.....

GMOS-04 does that. If you can get one with the new software, it'll also give you vss, parking brake, and reverse right at the harness.

I guess the point is I just want the new features of the D3 or Z2, but want to keep as much GM factory as possible...

My condolences :lol:

Many thanks

Ed

Many welcomes