AVIC411.com

A/V Button Grayed out w/iPod Connected

NOTE: I originally posted this under "Hacks/Mods" by accident and just moved it here. Sorry if there was any confusion.

First off; thank you to all the members of this forum! I very rearly post because all my questions are usually answered in previous threads. I have used this site countless times when I run into a roadblock with my Z1. Thank you to all the experts out there who have shared their knowledge!

Alas, I could not find the answer to my latest problem. I did quite a few searches on connecting a video iPod to the Z1 so you can watch video and got a LOT of info. These two threads were extreamly helpful:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=19249#19249

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... o&start=15

Here's my problem:

I used the ND-BT1 adapter for my old iPod with full music control of my non-video iPod. I just got a new 80Gb Video iPod and, or course, wanted to add the capability of watching my iPod video. I got the a/v cables that go into the iPod headphone port and connected them to the Z1 via the A/V Input on the back. Problem is, I can't select A/V Input or any other sources except the ones I already had on the Z1.

Do I need to do anything else to enable the A/V Button? I started the video feed from the iPod with no luck enabling the source selection. I also tried starting up the Z1 with the iPod video playing; still no luck.

More info:

I have a Z1 with the bluetooth update and the 2-wire ground. Everything is working great and everything is bypassed (thanks to the great info on this site). I tried the ND-BT1 with the new iPod and it works great as well. I just can't seem to select the A/V when I have the iPod connected to the A/V Inputs.

Things I've Checked:

I ensured the harness that has the A/V Inputs were seated propperly in the Z1. I ensured the male video inputs from the iPod were seated propperly in the female A/V inputs on the Z1 Harness. I ensured the male headphone style jack is seated correctly into the iPod.

Also, I tested the iPod cables on my TV and everything worked great.

I know there are a lot of people out there using this setup. Anyone have this problem or know of a step I'm missing?!?

Thanks in advance!