AVIC411.com

No Voice from Navigation while in route

I just had my D3 installed yesterday and when I do use the nav it doesn't give me any sound.... like somebody telling me when to turn. When I get close to a turn the sound goes away for a second. As if it is trying to talk to me. My factory nav gave me turn by turn voice directions....

Does anybody else have this problem?

My car is a 06 Grand Cherokee SRT8

Any help?!?!?[/b]

wow 22 views and nobody has an answer...

Wow impatient n00b. Did you even bother to try to read the manual and see how to adjust the volume of the voice guidance in the settings? You explained nothing here.

noob? Damn, what happened to using coocho. I thought i was starting a new fad. guess not :lol:

yeah I will tell you exactly what your problem is. You vehicle has a factory amp and data turn on, so you most likely paid $100+ for the wiring harness. Your installers should have taken a look at the factory harness and realized that only the rear inputs exist on it. What does this mean? this means that your factory amp is a two channel input. With the factory deck, fade was controlled via data. Your D3 puts voice through the front channels, but while only your rear channels are hooked up, all this is doing is muting and not broadcasting voice.

Simple solution: bring the vehicle back to the installer and tell them to move the front inputs to the factory rear inputs, and don't hook up the aftermarket front inputs. problem solved

jeremy