AVIC411.com

Bypass question...

I am new here, but I have been reading on the site for quite some time. I just got my D3, and I am getting it installed on monday. Best buy will do the installation.

My question is, would you ground the parking brake and the mute wires regardless of rather you are trying to do the bypass?

I ask because I do not know if best buy will bypass the unit or not due to legal ramifications. But if the wires are grounded regardless, then I can just move the wire myself and they can install it. So can someone tell me?

no, if your not bypassing it the mute wire is not used and the parking brake wire goes to the parking brake. and no, they will not bypass it for you

so how difficult do you think it will be to remove it once its installed so i can ground the wires myself?

its simple to do, but for some reason a lot of people on here find a way to screw it up

the guy acted like the dash kit that they are going to use is a pain in the butt. I dont see how though. So do you think it relatively easy to remove the D3 without damaging said dash kit?

• 1 month later...